Market Sentiment Watch: Economic data starts slow and ends with a Yellen speech in this second to last week of the official summer trading season. Data and this speech may rekindle broad market fears of rate hikes as traders start to think about the final quarter of the year. In energy land, there is not much in the way and news worthy news this time of year and given the run crude has had we'd expect a bit of profit taking to ensue prior to thoughts of September and a possible meeting between large players from OPEC and Non OPEC nations. In today's post please find The Week That Was, a cheat sheet update for WLL, and some other odds and ends. This week look for additional cheat sheet updates and Players piece updates.
- No economic data release scheduled.
The Week Ahead:
- Tuesday: Markit PMI (flash), New Home sales,
- Wednesday: Existing Home sales,
- Thursday: Jobless claims, durable goods, core capital goods orders, Markit services PMI (flash),
- Friday: 2Q GDP revision, advance trade in goods, consumer sentiment, Janet Yellen speech at Jackson Hole.
In Today’s Post:
- Holdings Watch
- Commodity Watch
- The Week That Was
- Stuff We Care About Today – WLL
- Odds & Ends
Click the link directly below this to ...