Market Sentiment Watch: Last week of summer trading. Look for the typical dwindling of volumes as we approach the end of week and a 3 day weekend which many buy and sell side types will effectively stretch to four days. We're using the week to continue to update post 2Q14 group and individual company name pieces. In today's post please find The Week That Was, a WIOWIO for CPE, comments on a PVA operations update (delays), and some other odds and ends.
- We get the Chicago Fed national activity index at 8:30 am EST (no forecast, prior reading of 0.13),
- We get New Home Sales at 10 am EST (F = 430,000, last read of 406,000)
The Week Ahead:
- Tuesday 8/26: Durable goods, Core capital equipment orders, Case-Shiller home prices, FHFA home prices, Consumer confidence,
- Wednesday 8/27: No ecodata release scheduled,
- Thursday 8/28: Jobless claims, GDP revision for 2Q14, Pending home sales,
- Friday 8/29: Personal income, Consumer spending, Core PCE price index, Chicago PMI, Consumer sentiment.
In Today’s Post:
- Holdings Watch
- Commodity Watch
- The Week That Was
- Stuff We Care About Today – CPE WIOWIO, PVA
- Odds & Ends
Click the link directly below this to … Continue Reading »