Housekeeping Watch: Apologies, we conducted a software "upgrade" on Friday and one of the changes to the site is apparently the removal of the login link at upper left. We made the site open today so you could see this and the solution (for the moment) is to click the Admin button at upper right if you are not logged in and that will bring up a log in screen.
Market Sentiment Watch: Broad market largely focused on financial sector earnings this week. In energyland, the weekly energy data reports become more important this month as we approach peak storage for oil and start to develop the steeper path upwards for gas storage injections. Reports will be closely watched for signs of faltering domestic production but the writing there is on the wall with Bakken, Eagle Ford and Permian rig counts now well below maintenance levels. In today's post please find The Week That Was, comments on the LPI update, and a few other odds and ends.
- We get the federal budget at 2 pm EST (no forecast, last month was -$37 B)
The Week Ahead:
- Tuesday 4/14: Retail sales, PPI, business index,
- Wednesday 4/15: Empire State index, industrial production, capacity utilization, Beige Book,
- Thursday 4/16: Jobless claims, housing starts, Philly Fed, OPEC Monthly
- Friday 4/17: CPI, consumer sentiment, leading indicators
In Today’s Post:
- Holdings Watch
- Commodity Watch
- The Week That Was
- Stuff We Care About Today - LPI, NOG
- Odds & Ends
Click the link directly below this to ... Continue Reading »