Market Sentiment Watch: In energyland we welcome the 1Q15 energy earnings season. Look for extensive play by play color on completed well cost reductions and managements' potentially evolving reactions to a slightly better oil price environment in light of those lower costs. Do not look for a significant reversal in drilling activity at this time (our sense is that even in the more balance sheet healthy names managements will see little reward in adding rigs back at this time (with a few exceptions that were already still in acceleration mode)). Look for a number of names to pre-announce volumes this week and next. In today's post please find The Week That Was, comments on the HAL quarter (beat), REXX, the Week 2 1Q15 calendar, and a few other odds and ends.
- We ge the Chicago Fed at 8:30 am EST (no forecast, last read was -0.08)
The Week Ahead:
- Tuesday 4/21: None
- Wednesday 4/22: FHFA home price index, Existing Home Sales,
- Thursday 4/23: Jobless claims, Markit PMI Flash, New Home Sales,
- Friday 4/24: Durable Goods.
In Today’s Post:
- Holdings Watch
- Commodity Watch
- The Week That Was
- Stuff We Care About Today - HAL, REXX, 1Q15 Earnings Calendar Week 2, IPAA
- Odds & Ends
Click the link directly below this to ... Continue Reading »