Market Sentiment Watch: Fed in focus for the broad markets. In energyland, investors continue to exhibit extreme concern over E&P leverage and OPEC over production. We see mid leverage names getting lumped in with (sold heavily) the truly strapped names. Hedges being disregarded, even ones that are strongly hedged in 2016. We see M&A chances increasing on this group swoon faster than previously expected. In today's post please find The Week That Was, the Orange Charts, a cheat sheet for COG, a catalyst list addendum for SWN in front of earnings, and a few other odds and ends.
- We ge Durable Goods a 8:30 am EST (F = 2.6%, last read was -2.2%)
The Week Ahead:
- Tuesday 7/28: Case-Shiller home prices, consumer confidence,
- Wednesday 7/29: Pending home sales, FOMC announcement (no rate hike this month expected and no Yellen press conference),
- Thursday 7/30: Jobless claims, 2Q GDP revision,
- Friday 7/31: Employment cost index, Chicago PMI, consumer sentiment, Natural Gas Monthly (supply and demand data for the month of May) / Petroleum Supply Monthly.
In Today’s Post:
- Holdings Watch
- Commodity Watch
- The Week That Was
- Stuff We Care About Today - Energy Earnings 2Q15 Week 3 Calendar, Grid and Orange Charts, SWN catalyst addendum, COG cheat, GPOR
- Odds & Ends
Click the link directly below this to ... Continue Reading »